Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh, rah, rah, rah. More freakin' computer stuff. My new camera hosed up already--I returned it. The new one has an issue too. I can't figure out how to sign into one of my accounts because it tells me my email isn't recognizable. It's like everything just takes 3 to 5 times as long as you think it should with a computer. Some days I think my novels would get written faster if I wrote them on roles of toilet paper. Some critics would probably like them better that way too, so it would be double duty, ykwim?

Anyway... that's not why I came here to blog. I came here with a grateful heart (which was slammed by not being able to get into my account at first) for my friend Mel in Australia who is on a yahoo loop with me. She sent my son two 20 shilling coins that feature the platypus. He had a big report to do for school. Here is a photo with the Platypus he drew and all the pictures he cut out. He worked SO hard on all of it. (Insert proud mom smile here.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So... the coins came today and The Jamester was THRILLED. He was literally glowing he was so excited. Worked out very well because I was able to take the coins to school during their class Christmas party. All the kids thought he was majorly cool for receiving mail from down under. They took turns passing them around, all very keyed up about it and his teacher was, like, "WHOA! That is AWESOME!" (I LOVE her! He's been blessed with great teachers.)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Mel!!!! You made my son's day. You made his report special. He's so jazzed about the whole deal, he started planning his fourth grade animal report. He kept the coins close all day and fell asleep holding them. It really meant a lot.

I have so much to say on here that I feel a little overwhelmed with where to start. Geez... I warned everyone that I was sucky at keeping up with daily postings, I'm blaming this on my camera. I was going to post daily pictures of my new tomato plants and when the camera messed up, I got discouraged about the whole mess.

Anyway, here's today's plants:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can you believe how much they have grown! WOW!

Other news: Friday is my 37th birthday. Woo woo! I guess that explains the chin hair, but when does the acne go away again? Anyone? Anyone?

I talked to a lady the other day about bioidentical hormones.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell...Remember that old joke about the man and woman who go to the doctor because he's in bad shape. The doc pulls the lady aside and tells her that it's all up to her. If she'll get up every morning, give her husband a good massage, cook him a five course meal three times a day, cater to his every whim and need then he'll get over his illness. If she doesn't, then he'll die by the end of the year.

When she goes back to the waiting room, he's on pins and needles. He asks, "What did the doctor say?"

And she answers, "He said you're gonna die."

Ba Dum.

So... I talked to this lady about these biohormones.

And she told me I was definitely not going to get any better.

Well, not exactly... actually, she decides (for all practical purposes) to diagnose me over the phone (oh, you definitely have XYZ), tells me that blood tests, etc aren't accurate then wants me to set up a five hour exam that cost thousands and thousands of dollars that include a menagerie of blood tests (uuuuuh... I thought you just said they weren't accurate...) that my insurance doesn't cover.

Anyway, the whole used car salesmen thingy started ringing in my ears. And, guess what... this body I've been dragging around for 37 years isn't getting any younger. So whatever. I'd just like to see my skin clear up.

Anyhow, after the sticker shock on the price, I decided that whole laser thing was cheap and I could definitely tolerate the pain. If I had thousands of dollars just laying around I'd be on a fast plane to the Caribbean. Or England. Or Australia.

'nuff for today.
jes

No comments: